•   Monday, 17 Jun, 2024

Exploring Job Opportunities for Immigrants: Requirements for Working in the United States According to USCIS

Generic placeholder image

Foreigners in the undocumented category in the United States face certain limitations during their time in the country, as their presence on U.S. soil is illegal. However, some have the opportunity to work, provided they undergo an asylum or refugee process.

According to the official website of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), employers cannot grant employment to individuals without an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). To obtain this document, a valid immigration permit, such as a visa from allowable work categories, is required. However, as per information provided by the agency, asylum seekers or refugees also have this possibility. They enter the country without documents and await the resolution of their immigration status, during which they have the opportunity to seek employment.

They simply need to belong to one of the following groups:

  1. They are in the process of filing Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

  2. They are in the process of filing Form I-589, Application for Asylum and for Withholding of Removal.

  3. They have a non-immigrant status that allows them to be in the United States but does not allow them to work without obtaining an EAD beforehand (such as a student with an F-1 or M-1 visa). “They are authorized to work in the United States based on their immigrant status or circumstances (for example, asylum, refugee, or Nonimmigrant U) and must demonstrate their work authorization,” clarified USCIS.

How to apply for work authorization in the United States?

The only necessary action is to submit Form I-766 to the mentioned government agency. This is crucial, as some employers require confirmation of this process before offering a position.

In the case of renewal, the procedure is different: “If you are still eligible to apply for employment authorization or have one due to your immigration status or circumstances, but your EAD is about to expire or has already expired, you must apply for the renewal of the EAD through a new Form I-765 along with the required fee (if necessary). In this case, the application must be submitted within 180 days before the permit expires. “Generally, you cannot apply for the renewal of your EAD more than 180 days before the expiration of your original EAD,” concluded USCIS.

In addition to the options mentioned above, there is an exciting opportunity for those looking to invest and explore new paths for their stay in the United States: the IRAIC VISA.

Whether for reasons of physical or financial security, many people seek a better future in other countries. The IRAIC VISA offers the opportunity to obtain citizenship and/or residency in countries participating in private investment. It is available in the United States of America, Canada, and the United Arab Emirates. The IRAIC VISA, according to investors’ requirements, grants additional residency and/or citizenship in 20 countries to protect and provide physical or financial security based on each investor’s personal and private situation.

With the IRAIC VISA, investors also obtain residency and/or citizenship for their families, if needed. The fund has various flexibilities, facilitating the process for the investor. The IRAIC VISA fund also provides the opportunity to manage one’s own business if the investor desires. This fund not only integrates residency and/or citizenship but also offers a comprehensive relocation plan, including housing, access to personal and business bank accounts, transportation, and assistance throughout the entire immigration process.

Published by The Tampa Herald, a news and information agency.

Comment As:

Comment (0)